Friday 21 January 2011

Wandering Foot

It is a woman’s prerogative to change her mind. I was satisfied with the Turkey Foot block when I posted it on January 17. But the more I looked at it, the more it irritated me. It wasn’t perfectly square. If I tried to cut it into a square, I’d have lost some of the points. Worst of all, it didn’t lie flat. What a mess! I couldn’t just throw it out. With good cotton fabric going at $9 a yard, I can’t abide tossing even tiny scraps. So I took out all the seams, ironed all the pieces flat, recut and rebuilt the block. It’s still a Turkey Foot (Wandering Foot is also its name) but with straight lines instead of curves. It’s not quite a perfect 12.5" square, but it’s pretty darn close. And this time it lies flat. Ta-dah!

1 comment:

  1. I like this much better than the other turkey foot, but I can't believe you took the other one apart and ironed the pieces flat and started again.

    ReplyDelete