Friday 31 August 2012

California Nine Patch


When my kids were in middle school and high school, the week before Labor Day usually meant scrambling to gather enough school supplies and school clothes to start the year. Often it meant a few glorious days with their cousins at Bear Lake. It almost always meant cooler days and chilly morning walks. This year is a bit different. Sure, the trees up in the canyons are starting to change colors. There are back-to-school sales in all the stores. But the abnormally hot summer weather doesn’t show any sign of leaving. I, for one, am ready to see it go. I’m ready to trade in my sandals for sneakers and cotton socks. I’m ready to enjoy using my oven for roasting and baking good things. And I’m more than ready to start seeing electric bills that don’t reflect an over-active air conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment