Wednesday, 1 July 2026

Four Split Four-Patches

 

Without much conscious effort on my part, my sewing room is looking very patriotic. It started when Quilts of Valor presented the Echo block and asked for donations. I rummaged through my scraps and quickly whipped up 49 of the simple blocks. Then our quilt guild selected the United quilt from Gigi’s Thimble for this year’s scrappy joint project, and I combed through the same red, white and blue prints to make over 100 7-inch American flags. Bonnie and Camille’s Early Bird quilt and Sparrows from Pen & Paper Patterns both employ other colors, but they’re still mostly red and blue. And then there’s this little project. It doesn’t really have a pattern. I haven’t done a postage stamp quilt in a while, and with all these red and white and blue scraps floating about, it just sort of happened. It might be time to clean the sewing room and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment