Wednesday 13 November 2019

Red and Blue Flock


Kate Howard was sitting outside her new home on an early autumn afternoon, when a woman walked by with a pit bull. The dog took one look at Kate, sat down on her lawn and refused to move. “All dogs are perfect,” Kate said, “But she was particularly charming.” The dog’s owner was trying to get her rolling again but she was staying put. She called to her, “Winnie, come on!” Last Thanksgiving, Kate had fostered a soft wiggly baby puppy she named Winnie. “I cried for three days after she went up for adoption, worrying about whether she’d find a good home. I just moved into this house a couple months ago, and it turns out I’m only a block away from Winnie! It was beyond comforting for my first foster dog to turn up on my front lawn, her fur still soft and her ear still crooked and her tail still wagging.”

No comments:

Post a Comment