Tuesday 20 December 2016

White Square



I love Christmas music, but sometimes it feels like there are really only about a dozen Christmas songs out there. The same tunes keep playing and replaying, at the grocer’s, throughout the mall, in elevators and on the radio. When I finally hear something new (or new to me) it’s so refreshing. A few years ago I served as MC for a group of cloggers that danced to George Strait’s Christmas Cookies. It was the first time I’d heard it, and I thought it was adorable. This year my biggest surprise was Zat You, Santa Claus? It played two weeks ago as we waited for a table at Cheesecake Factory. It’s a delightful blues number by Louis Armstrong; and older than I am. But I swear I’ve never heard it before this year. Where has this one been hiding all my life, while I’ve been stuck hearing same dozen Christmas songs over and over?

No comments:

Post a Comment