Tuesday 18 April 2017

Square Deal

The photo posted April 14 is the way this quilt top was meant to be except for two things. The first is the sashing, blocks and cornerstones weren’t stitched together yet, so those elements looked larger than they should be compared with the block centers. The second is when I opened the kit and pressed the fabric scraps, a dark brown piece fell behind the ironing board. Instead of hunting for it I swapped a bit leftover pink from the Raspberry Cocoa quilt. Once it was up on the design wall, I wanted to change things even more. It was wide for a table runner and narrow for a wall hanging, and seemed to be begging for a border. So I added a sixteenth block (also from the Raspberry Cocoa) to make it square, and surrounded it with more sashing and cornerstones. I may still add an outer border. I’m waiting for the quilt to say what it wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment