Friday 6 September 2019

2019 Utah State Fair Quilt Challenge


I usually have a tough time waiting the week between dropping off my challenge quilt at the fairgrounds and finding out what the judges thought of my quilt when the state fair actually opens. Not this time. I was pretty disappointed with the way this year’s quilt turned out. I figured if I was lucky, I’d get a white ribbon for third place – I have lots of those already. There was a strong possibility the new quilt wouldn’t be awarded a ribbon at all. I should have taken pictures of the other quilts. If you’d seen them, I’m sure you’d agree than many of them put my poor efforts to shame. Don’t get me wrong; I’m REALLY happy the judges liked my entry better than I do. I’m just convinced I owe this ribbon less to any talent or skill on my part than to sheer dumb luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment