Saturday 20 November 2021

Tom Turkey

 


A month ago, I shared that we’d made pumpkin pie from scratch, following a recipe we’d found stuck to the bottom of a pumpkin. Since then, I’ve had requests for the recipe, but alas, we tossed it. I should have attached the sticker to an index card and filed it. It’s too late for that, but I’ll do my best to recreate it:

 

Pumpkin Pie from Scratch

 

1 medium pie pumpkin (Ours was around 2 pounds.)

3 eggs

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 tablespoons pie spice

1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk

1 pre-made pie shell

 

Line a baking sheet with foil. Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out seeds. Place cut side down on sheet and bake at 350F at least an hour. Cool. Discard peel and thoroughly mash pumpkin flesh. Add next six ingredients and blend well. Pour into pie shell and bake at 375F about an hour, until set.


No comments:

Post a Comment