Wednesday 10 November 2021

Floating Star

 

Sesame Street was first aired on November 10, 1969. The show’s target audience was preschoolers – ages three to five. I didn’t quite fit into that demographic, but my sisters and our brother did. I’ve probably seen every episode between 1969 and 1976. It was still running when my own children were old enough to appreciate it, so the Sunny Day theme song was a familiar sound in our house during the 80’s and early 90’s. We were all fascinated by the Sesame Street Muppets: Oscar the Grouch, who lived in a trash can; Cookie Monster, who lost all control at the sight of chocolate chips; Count von Count, who made numbers sound like so much fun; Elmo, who’s been three years old for four decades now; and Big Bird, who stole all our hearts with only one working hand. The show aired on PBS until 2015. My three-year-old granddaughter can catch it today on HBO Max.


No comments:

Post a Comment