Wednesday 1 November 2023

Twelve-Inch Bear Claw

 


January 2012, as we moved back from England, I made only eight quilt blocks. I’d borrowed a sewing machine from my mom while we stayed at the Residence Inn. I squeezed in a bit of stitching in the afternoons, between housekeeping visits and babysitting my grandson. During the next several months, as we turned our rental back into our residence, my productivity gradually picked up. I’ve thought about that year a lot lately, as we moved out of that home and into another. Our “new” house was built in 1977, and we’re the second owners. It feels like the house misses its former occupants. Nearly everything is suddenly breaking down or leaking. I made only seven blocks in October, before I had to pack up my sewing room. You’re looking at the first block I’ve sewn in the new place. It isn’t perfect, but I know things will get better. After all, this isn’t my first rodeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment