Friday 6 September 2024

2024 State Fair Challenge

 


It’s lucky I don’t judge the quilts at the state fair. If I’d been one of the judges, this quilt wouldn’t have done well at all. I pride myself on perfect piecing, and this is anything but. The skirts aren’t exactly the same size. Several bodices are a little off, and some of the waistbands are skew whiff. By the time I finished the top, it was too late to fix all my mistakes. Instead, I tried to hide them with a lot of quilting. Then when I stitched on the binding, one of the corners came out crooked. There’s no way to hide that. Of all the quilts I’ve submitted to the state fair over seventeen years, this was my least favorite. I told myself at least it was done in time, and promised myself to do better next year. But here’s my “ugly” quilt, wearing all these lovely ribbons. Maybe I should make another ugly quilt next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment