Saturday 28 September 2024

Autumn Leaves

A year ago today, we closed on our “new” house. We went from a 1998 5-bedroom/4-bathroom home to 3 bedrooms and 2 baths from 1977. As with any move, there have been casualties. There’s a 2” gash in the arm of my living room sofa. I could buy an upholstery needle and matching thread, but I’d probably just make it worse. There are several bad scratches on the front of my dresser, and some dents on top of Heather’s chest of drawers. We’ve unpacked all the boxes, but there are some things we’re missing. I own two trifle bowls. Two! I should at least be able to find one of them. And the asparagus pot is still AWOL. Trifle bowls and asparagus pots aren’t a big deal. Neither are a few scars on the furniture. But I’m in no hurry to move again soon. In fact, I think I’d be happy to stay right here indefinitely. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment