Friday 20 September 2024

Crabby Top

 

We discovered the kit – pattern included – for this quilt in the late spring/early summer this year. We’d gone into Pine Needles at Gardiner Village to look for something else entirely, but this funny, crabby design refused to be left behind. Of course, the thing we’d gone there for was nowhere to be found, so the crab kit was a nice consolation prize. I ended up finding the thing I needed online, so I ordered it and waited for it to arrive. More and more lately, that’s been my retail experience. If I go to a brick-and-mortar store for something specific, they won’t have it. I’ll ask an employee for help, and they’ll say, “I think we carry those. They should be here somewhere. Maybe we’re just out of stock. Have you tried online?” I like to support local small businesses, but it’s getting so hard. Thank goodness for the treasures we weren’t looking for. Like these charming crabs.


No comments:

Post a Comment