Friday 27 September 2024

Pincushion Quilt with Borders

 

I love September. I love the Utah State Fair, the Salt Lake Greek festival, FanX, and the Garden of Quilts at Thanksgiving Point. I love September’s weather; a much-needed break from the high 90’s and low 100’s we’ve been dealing with for months. I love September for the colors: the trees that are wearing red, gold, orange and purple just now, and for the crystal-clear blue of the sky. One of the best things about September is the tomatoes. They’re beautiful right now – fat, deep red, flavorful and juicy. We’ve been eating them in salads, in soups and sauces, in sandwiches, and just as they are, straight from the garden. I even made a batch of tomato juice for our breakfast. I know in a few short weeks, I’ll be settling for the tasteless pink cardboard the grocer and restaurants will call tomatoes, and that I’ll be counting the days until I have REAL tomatoes again, next September.


No comments:

Post a Comment