Friday 4 October 2024

Feeling Crabby

 

I have friends who quilt on demand. When they learn a friend’s expecting a baby, their niece just announced her wedding date, or their grandson is about to graduate from high school, they get started. They consult with the recipient about bed size and color preferences, and they whip up something in time for the big day. I’ve done my share of these, but most of the quilts I make are very different. I’ll stumble on a pattern or a print that catches my eye and I’ll buy it, not knowing what the end goal is. It may sit a while – sometimes years – until inspiration strikes. Usually, by the time I’ve finished the top, I know exactly what I’ll do with the finished product. I’m still unsure about this one. It could hang in next year’s Garden of Quilts, or be donated to Quilts of Valor or Festival of Trees. Or I may just keep it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment