Thursday, 8 October 2026

Eighteen Friendship Stars

 

Which restaurants do you miss most? First on our list is Thaiphoon. They had great pad Thai and evil jungle prince, but we still dream about their short ribs and wasabi mashed potatoes. Training Table was never wheelchair friendly, and toward the end their food and service were truly abysmal. But I miss their hickory sauce and their blue bacon and mushroom Swiss burgers. For a while, I tried making corn tamalitos like Chevy’s, but never quite managed it. We used to pick up pies at Marie Callender’s for Thanksgiving, then return the tins for a refund. We liked pretty much everything from McGrath’s Fish House. We never visited the downtown location of Snappy Service Lunch, but Larry H. Miller did. When the owner lost his lease, Larry arranged for him to relocate inside Jordan Commons. Snappy used to split hotdogs before grilling, and serve them between grilled bread slices. I miss that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment