I’m bringing chili to a neighborhood party this month, and I’m
really looking forward to it. John and Heather have been on strict diets for
weeks now, and I’m trying to use the food they’re not eating before it spoils. Cooking
just isn’t the fun, creative outlet it once was. I’ve several chili recipes, but
this is the biggest crowd pleaser:
Wendy’s Chili Copycat
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds ground beef
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
3 (14-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (10-ounce) can ROTEL
1-2 cups water
2 (1.25-ounce) packages chili seasoning
1 (14-ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
1 (14-ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tablespoons vinegar
Brown beef in oil; drain. Sauté celery, onion and pepper
until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients except vinegar. Bring to a boil,
then reduce heat and simmer at least an hour. Add vinegar before serving.

No comments:
Post a Comment