Thursday 13 October 2016

Plain Folk, Revisited



Thirty-eight weeks ago I posted a quilt top I’d made with 12 pinwheel-centered log cabin blocks. The pinwheel centers were three inches square, the “log” pieces were an inch wide, and the finished blocks were eight inches square, making the finished top 24x48. I wasn’t in love with the top, so I set it aside until I knew what to do with it. I ran across it two days ago and decided to shred it. I chucked three of the pinwheels and cut the rest down to two inches. Now the log pieces are half an inch wide and the blocks are all six inches square. The newer, more scrappy finished top is 18x18. I might add a small border or two. I’m toying with the idea of quilting it with tidy little “Baptist Fan” stitches. Hopefully it won't take me another ten months to make up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment