Thursday 20 October 2016

Skip to My Lou



There have been five collections of quilts in Kim Diehl’s Simple Whatnots Club – collection six arrives soon – with half a dozen quilts in each. So far I’ve done fifteen. I’m avoiding those with a lot of applique. I don’t really need that kind of stress in my life. Actually, piecing is one of the things I do to relieve stress. This particular quilt didn’t really do that for me. I enjoyed making the nameless little stars. (If they had half-square triangles in each corner, they’d be Barbara Fritchie Stars. With blank corners, they’re a mystery.) The checkerboard blocks, though, were a nightmare. Each of the blocks is 5” finished, which means the little turquoise bits should be 1/2" square. Some aren’t even that big. I had to trim about 1/16” off some blocks to get them to fit. If I ever finish this quilt, I may have to give it to someone I don’t visit very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment