Wednesday 30 September 2020

Monterrey Medallion

 

I had great plans for this top. I was going to make twelve more Floating Stars and four more Four-Patch Chain blocks, so without borders it would have been 72x90”. Then I’d have added a 4” border on all four sides: a near solid that would have given the eye a place to rest from the red/blue/green/gold commotion. I’ve got plenty more of these bright, happy prints, but I’m running out of the white tone-on-tone polka dot background. I may have enough for a few more Floating Stars, or a handful of Four-Patch Chains, but not both. I’ve been hunting for weeks; the background fabric is simply gone. It probably doesn’t matter. I’d meant for this to go to the hospital quilters. They won’t need another top for some time – maybe not ever. Meanwhile, I have enough blocks for a 72” quilt. Too big for a wall, too square for a bed. That’s an awful lot of orphan blocks!


No comments:

Post a Comment