Wednesday 26 June 2024

Mississippi Star

 

On my kitchen wall calendar, the coming week looks like the calm before a storm. Except for one orchestra rehearsal, lunch with my mom, and an Independence Day picnic, the days are completely blank; to be filled with anything I please, or nothing at all. The following week, everything hits the fan. We have three doctor’s appointments, two rehearsals, tickets for two different movies and for one stage play. The rest of July is even busier. To keep a rein on the chaos, I use a modified version of the 6/10 cleaning method. I try to manage six simple daily tasks, no matter how busy I am: make beds, wash dishes, clean kitty litter, empty waste paper, vacuum one floor, and do a load of laundry. There are ten weekly tasks, like bedding, bins and bathrooms. But if I manage these six every day, I should make it to August in one piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment