Tuesday 25 June 2024

Twenty-Eight Teacups

 

I like summer, to a point. When the temperature hits triple digits during the day, and when it never dips below eighty at night, I’m done. I feel like booking a vacation someplace cool, and not coming back until September. We usually don’t see weather like this until the second week in July, but this year, it hit nearly a month early. The last thing I want to do is fire up my oven right now. So, I’m on the lookout for recipes that don’t have to be baked.

 

No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars

 

1 cup unsalted butter, melted

2 cups cookie crumbs (I used graham crackers, but vanilla wafers and animal crackers work, too.)

2 cups powdered sugar

1 3/4 cups creamy peanut butter, divided

10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

 

In a blender or a food processor, combine butter, crumbs, sugar and 1 1/2 cups peanut butter. Process until smooth. Spread evenly in a 9x13” pan. Melt chocolate and remaining peanut butter in microwave or saucepan. Stir until smooth. Spread evenly over peanut butter/crumb mixture. Chill at least an hour. Cut into 24 small bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment