Thursday 29 August 2024

Sixteen Crabs

 

Last weekend we served KFC to the whole family. I made the gravy and mashed potatoes, buttermilk biscuits, coleslaw and corn on the cob. John picked up the chicken at the drive-through window. As usual, the grandkids treated the meal with heavy suspicion. The almost-six-year-old tried to feed her dinner to the dog. The just-turned-eleven-year-old said I should have sent Grandad to Chick-fil-A. He likes Chick-fil-A’s chicken, but KFC has “too many spices.” So, I looked it up. Those eleven secret herbs and spices aren’t so secret if you know how to Google. According to the Internet, both establishments have nearly identical recipes. The only difference I could see is KFC uses thyme, ginger and ground mustard, and Chick-fil-A adds sugar, MSG and pickle juice. Next week, we’ll probably just grill some hamburgers. There’ll be no tiny bones to threaten my Scottie, and no one will accuse me of feeding them too much spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment