Saturday 31 August 2024

Hello Gourd-eous!


“Roughly half the people in this country think they're in mortal danger from their own government. I see inefficiency and incompetence, but I've always seen that - regardless of which party's in office. Frankly, I welcome it. I don't like my big bureaucracies to be cold, calculating, enterprises driven by clear-headed singular vision. A cursory glance through history would indicate well-organized governments tend to enjoy well-organized parades, followed by well-organized ethnic cleansing. Which is why I celebrate the muddle-headed ineptitude of our democracy. As far as I'm concerned, a little confusion may keep trains from running on time, but it also keeps me from getting a one-way ticket in a cattle car. Are our tax dollars being misspent on poorly run social programs? You bet! But bureaucrats who can't find their ass with a flashlight and a mirror aren’t likely to find you either. To paraphrase Bobby McGee: ‘Freedom's just another word for who's in charge here?!’” – Chuck Lorre


No comments:

Post a Comment