Thursday 15 August 2024

Thirteen Crabs

 


I haven’t eaten at Red Lobster in years. Even when I ate there, I never actually had lobster. I don’t even know how much it costs. I guess I figured if two muffins at Mimi’s are nearly $9, and if a burger without fries or a drink at Five Guys is over $13, then lobster is probably way out of my league. Last week at the Red Lobster in Layton, employees noticed one of the lobsters in their tank was an egg-bearing female. The tank should only have held males, as females are protected by law. The employees called corporate headquarters, and within a few days, momma crustacean and her 10,000 offspring were back in the Atlantic. Before release, the lobster’s tail was notched to mark her as a breeder, so she won’t end up on anyone’s table. Suddenly, I’m hungry for hot cheddar biscuits and chowder. I’ll check the sofa cushions for change before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment