Friday 30 August 2024

State Fair Challenge Quilts

 

We dropped off this year’s challenge quilt at the state fair park last night. There were already several small wall hangings there, divided into four categories: pieced quilts, appliqued quilts, combination quilts, and those made by young quilters. As you might expect, nearly all the submitted quilts fell into the pieced category. From what I could tell, most of the other quilters were just as stymied by the “Vintage to Vogue” theme and by the busy 1930’s print as I was. I had hoped to get a glimpse of next year’s challenge fabric while we were there. In previous years, a quilt challenge volunteer would be slicing yardage into fat quarters while we dropped off quilts to be judged. I didn’t see any bolts, so I asked. It will be another Lori Holt 1930’s reproduction, a floral with a cream background and a larger print. And next year's theme will be "Anything Goes."


No comments:

Post a Comment