Wednesday 20 April 2011

Union Jack

I’ve been wanting to make a small quilt that looks like the British flag. I saw one last summer in a vendor’s booth at the Birmingham Quilt Show. It was a wall hanging in muted reds, blues and creams. It looked to me as if it had been made using a Moda Rural Jardin jelly roll. I really should have stopped at the booth and asked if they sold a kit or a pattern to make that quilt. But there were so many people and so much more to see. I assumed I could find a pattern online, but it hasn’t happened yet. Anyway, I was playing around with a pencil, a ruler and graph paper yesterday and came up with this rectangular block. I think I’ll add borders and make it a table runner. And maybe I’ll get a second chance at the wall hanging pattern in Birmingham this August.

No comments:

Post a Comment