Wednesday 27 April 2011

Centennial Block

Today is the 117th day of 2011, and this is the 100th quilt block I’ve pieced and posted so far. I’m rather pleased with my results. A few of these 100 blocks are already set into quilt tops and waiting to be quilted. I have setting plans for several more, and I’m looking for just the right fabric to turn into sashing, snowball blocks or borders. Some of the finished quilts will lie on beds or hang on walls in my home. Some will become gifts for family and friends. Some more will be donated to wounded soldiers or cancer patients. Some ugly, orphaned blocks are probably destined to become P.I.G.S. (projects in grocery sacks) that lurk in closets and other dark places in my home. But it’s easy to forget a few U.F.O.s (Unfinished Fabric Objects) when you’re busy admiring the things you have accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment