Friday 15 April 2011

Four Patch Star

In dealing with chronic pain, I believe a positive outlook is of greater benefit than any other aspect of treatment. When I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, my first thoughts were so depressing. Surely this would bring an end to all the activities that bring me such joy. Needlework, typing at my keyboard, playing the piano, preparing meals for my family, even simple household chores would become more difficult and eventually impossible. But years have passed and I’m still going strong. I credit firing my doctor for my well-being. I’d go to my regular appointments feeling upbeat, and come home with warnings of doom and gloom. He told me sooner or later my medication would cause a reaction, or stop working altogether. Eventually I just simply stopped seeing him. And I’ve never felt better.

No comments:

Post a Comment