Monday 4 April 2011

Star Lane

Yesterday was a terrific day for two reasons. First, it was Mothering Sunday. This is traditionally the day the English returned to their “mother church.”  Today it’s celebrated much in the same way as Mother’s Day in the US. People take their mums out to eat, and they shower them with cards and gifts to show appreciation. Second, it was the 181st annual general conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is a time when members of the church meet and receive instruction, edification and enlightenment. When I lived in Utah, I was able to follow conference on television in my home. On occasion I've been privileged to see it in person. But since we moved to England, I’ve had to catch a recorded session at church. This time, though, I managed to watch it over the Internet in my living room; the next best thing to being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment