Friday 2 March 2018

Greek Cross Variation

I’m a sucker for antiques. When washboards, treadle sewing machines, butter churns or blue-and-white china are used to dress up a shop or a restaurant, I’m always more interested in them than what the establishment is actually selling. The quilt pictured below was hanging a week ago in a corner of the Pioneer Mercantile in Frontierland. The whole affair is more than a little wonky, and the way it was tied and mounted actually make it more so. I’m guessing that was done intentionally, for a more rustic effect. What attracted my attention was the blocks themselves. I have several books full of block patterns, but this one doesn’t seem to be in any of them. The nearest match I could find was a Greek Cross like the one I posted nearly five years ago: http://mombowe.blogspot.com/2013/05/greek-cross.html . If you happen to know the real name of this block, I’d love to hear it.


No comments:

Post a Comment