Friday 18 March 2011

March


I’ve often heard the phrase “the lamb will lie down with the lion,” and was surprised to discover that those words can't be found anywhere in the scriptures. The idea must have come from Isaiah 11:6: “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.” I find the image of peace and harmony this verse brings to mind very appealing, especially now. I have several friends and family members dealing with distress and upheaval. I want them all to be safe. When I designed this quilt block, I had in mind the kind of weather March is famous for: the fierce, lion-like storms and the gentle lamb days. The month is barely half over, but we’ve already had several of both. I’m posting this with hopes of more quiet days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment