Tuesday 29 March 2011

Cup and Saucer

I don’t drink regular tea, but I like a cup of herbal now and then. I find chamomile relaxing, and mint tea can be helpful with an upset stomach. Currently I have in my cupboard Taylors of Harrogate Raspberry Vanilla, and Harry & David Sweet Orange Spice. When I was in school, Grandma used to share a cup of tea with me in the afternoons. Tea won’t be hurried. It forces you to sit and chat. Before you know it you’re sharing all your troubles; the teacher who’s picking on you, the boy who ignores you, the assignment you don’t understand. Grandma’s beverage of choice was Gossip Tea. It was a spicy herbal blend with rosehips, hibiscus, and orange peel. I’ve tried for years to find it, but it doesn’t seem to exist anymore. Google “gossip tea,” and you get all sorts of useless information. But no tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment