Saturday 8 March 2014

Cross Stitch



I’ve another thought to share about last month’s parade of homes. Every home was cleverly designed and beautifully furnished. But only one struck me as warm and welcoming. I think it’s because of the way it smelled. None of the homes smelled bad, exactly. If I noticed any odor at all, it was carpet glue, wood varnish and fresh paint.  But as we entered one house we were met by the aroma of pineapple from a small Scentsy warmer. It reminds me of the day I found my first college apartment. I’d been hiking all over town clutching the “rooms to let” page of the want ads. None of the places I’d seen seemed right for me. But when I knocked on the last door, my future roommate answered it with an oven mitt on her hand. She’d just taken a batch of chocolate chip cookies out of the oven. I took one whiff and knew I was home.

No comments:

Post a Comment