Saturday 28 April 2018

Dealer's Choice


There are times when I suspect my appliances are laughing at me behind my back. Friday February 9 our dryer threw in the towel, moments after the appliance repair shop closed. I’d been doing laundry all afternoon. I tossed the last load into the machine, added a dryer sheet and turned it on. Nothing happened. The repairman came the following Thursday, said it was a failed thermal fuse, and set everything right. For almost two whole months. Friday April 13 the same thing happened. We waited six more days for the repairman, who said this time it was a failed door sensor. This repair lasted two days. Another five-day wait (and another, bigger repair bill) and the dryer is working again. Sort of. Now the thing squeaks - really loud - as it runs. Should I put the repairman on retainer? Or turn the dryer into a planter?

No comments:

Post a Comment