Wednesday 25 April 2018

Nine Susanna Blocks


I’ve mentioned Erik Estrada before, when I learned he serves as a reserve officer in the St. Anthony Idaho police force. (http://mombowe.blogspot.com/2016/08/cocks-comb.html) In addition to time and talents, the actor contributes money and materials to the agency. Last week his contribution included a German Shepherd/Malinois narcotics dog. It makes me smile to know a guy who used to play a TV cop is now a real one. It reminds me of the Disney movie Planes Fire and Rescue. One of the characters in the film was an actor on a TV show until his costar was accidentally killed and the show was cancelled. He went from saving lives on television to saving lives for real. Estrada’s TV show was cancelled after 139 episodes when the actor was was seriously injured in a filming accident. At first I thought it was art imitating life, until I realized Planes Fire and Rescue came out in 2014. Estrada became an officer in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment