Thursday 12 April 2018

Linda's Puzzle


I’ve mentioned before when I make a quilt I throw the leftover scraps into a “bone bag.” It comes in handy if I mess up and need just a tiny bit of a particular print to set things right. When I finish a project, I challenge myself to make a quilt – usually a table runner or wall hanging – out of the bone bag scraps. When I’ve done that, there are still generally little odds and ends with no particular purpose. For the past three or four years I’ve been hoarding these little trifles, unable to throw even the smallest away. Most of them are Civil War era reproductions, but there’s really a bit of everything in here. The larger pieces became 168 half-square-triangles and the smaller ones were turned into 210 two-patches. These I stitched into forty-two Jacob’s Ladder blocks, because forty-two is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment