Tuesday 10 April 2018

Dresden Plate

A week ago one of my four-year-old grandsons asked if I had any cake. “No, I don’t,” I replied, “Besides, it’s almost lunchtime.” “But do you HAVE any?” “Of course not. We don’t have dessert EVERY day.” I couldn’t understand why he was obsessing about cake. “TAPE, Nana,” he said, “I need some TAPE.” It turns out I was the one obsessed with cake. Here’s one we could bake together.

Simple White Cake

1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 9” pan. Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in milk until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 35 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment