Friday 30 August 2019

Good Cookin'


This is the thirteenth year I’ve competed in the Utah State Fair Quilt Challenge. The other twelve quilts are all on display in my house, along with the ribbons they’ve won. When I hung them, I hoped they’d remind me of how far I’ve come since my first challenge quilt. To compete, each quilt must be 30x30” or smaller, and use at least 198 square inches of that year’s challenge fabric. Each quilt must be the work of one person – the design, the piecing or applique, the quilting and the finish work. Every year I try to add something new to my quilting repertoire, just so I can keep up with my competition. This year I’d hoped to incorporate machine embroidery and curved binding into the design, but things didn’t work out quite the way I’d planned. I do hope the judges see something good in my finished product. At the moment, I can only see what it isn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment