We hit the state fair on opening day yesterday. We should
have bought tickets online first, because the ticket booth line was easily an
hour long. We checked out the quilts in the Pioneer Building. I was surprised (but
really pleased) to see mine wearing a blue ribbon. I guess I’ll find out what
the ribbon’s for after the fair closes. We visited the dairy cows and goats, and
admired the 4H displays and the butter cow. The rides and games were still
setting up, but there was lots of fair food. We had curry mac & cheese with
brisket burnt ends, chicken fried rice, and crab cake corn dogs with seviche. It
was over $60 for three rather small servings, but the food was good and
absolutely unique. We hit a pineapple Dole whip food truck on the way out. That
wasn’t exactly fair food, but it was exactly what the doctor ordered.

No comments:
Post a Comment