Thursday, 10 September 2026

Double Sawtooth Star

 

Ron Swanson is a fictional character from Parks and Rec. He’s based on a real person: a Libertarian government official working in Burbank, California. As Libertarians believe government should interfere as little as possible in the lives of citizens and the free market, he’s a bit of an oxymoron. This is just part of what makes him so funny. Here are a few of my favorite Ron Swanson quotes:

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I’m not interested in caring about people."

“There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that’s lying about being milk.”

“You choose a thankless job. You can’t be upset when nobody thanks you.”

“Fishing relaxes me. It’s like yoga, except I still get to kill something.”

“When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment