Wednesday, 30 September 2026

A Pair of Pumpkin Blossoms

 

I miss Blockbuster Video. I understand why they’re gone. But there was just something about walking in and browsing the stacks, agreeing on something to watch together, and conscientiously rewinding before returning it. Streaming movies is more convenient, but I still miss Blockbuster. I used to know how to shop for clothes, before Christopher & Banks, Coldwater Creek, and Dress Barn disappeared. Nearly everything in my closet still sports their labels. I can buy any book (and almost anything else) from Amazon, but I miss the serendipity of making a discovery at Barnes & Noble, Borders, B. Dalton or Waldenbooks. I bought lots of clever things from Brookstone. It’s sad you need an airline ticket to visit one now. I will mourn Joann, Pier One Imports, Payless Shoes, and Radio Shack until my dying day. If someone were to bring any of these back, they would have all my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment