Friday, 18 September 2026

Turnstyle

 

I used to have a recipe for a quiche that called for skinny Japanese eggplant. It was delightful, but so complicated I only made it once. I make a mean ratatouille, and once in a blue moon I try my hand at eggplant parmesan. But this is the easiest and possibly the tastiest eggplant recipe I’ve made so far. You take just about any variety of eggplant – globe, Italian, Asian, whatever – and cut it up into one-inch cubes. In a large bowl, toss the cubes with a splash of olive oil, coarse salt and fresh ground pepper. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the eggplant on top. Roast in the oven at 450F for half an hour, until they’re golden-brown and tender. You can eat them as is, or seal and store them in the fridge a few days. Roasted eggplant is a delicious and nutritious addition to salads or savory bowls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment