Tuesday, 29 September 2026

The Big O

 

I like Sunday dinners that don’t require tons of work. This week, I doubled the recipe and loaded my big slow cooker before choir practice, sacrament meeting and Sunday school. After church I threw together a batch of corn bread and triple-chocolate brownies. Easy peasy!

 

Creamy Chicken Fajita Soup

 

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts

2 (10.75-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup

1 cup chunky salsa

2 cups frozen corn

1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 1/2 cup water

1/2 teaspoon cumin

Optional toppings: chopped tomato or onion, cubed avocado, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheddar or crushed tortilla chips.

 

Throw everything except toppings into slow cooker: cover and cook on low 4-6 hours. Before serving, remove and shred chicken, then return to pot. The original recipe said add a cup of cheddar at this point, but I forgot. Everyone added cheddar on top, so it’s hard to know if it made a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment