Wednesday 16 February 2011

Shutterbug

I'm not good with cameras. I have the best of intentions, but most of my photos come out blurry, or my subject isn't framed the way I'd intended. Or I ruin the shot completely by forgetting to remove the lens cap. I'm even less satisfied with pictures other people take of me. They always make me look short and fat. How did we manage before digital photography? At least with a digital camera I can weed out the 90 shots I'd like to forget and keep the two or three worth saving. I’m getting good at taking pictures of quilt blocks. I've learned by trial and error that using a flash will give a cleaner picture than ambient light, and that mounting the block on a wall works better than shooting it as it lies on a table. This one is called Shutterbug, for the way the center mimics a camera shutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment