Wednesday 23 February 2011

Eccentric Star

I made my first Eccentric Star block in less than half an hour. So I made two more. The first is nine inches square in muted blues and browns and a bold turkey red. I bought a fat quarter bundle from the Midnight Garden collection at ConnectingThreads.com, so I have plenty more to play with.
The second block is 12 inches. I made it with scraps from two different lines: Moda Nature’s Notebook by April Cornell, and Maywood Studio’s Wild Rose by Marti Michell. Somehow these gentle blues, greens and cream look like they were made for each other.
The last one is another 9" block, made with charm squares from Darlene Zimmerman's Clothesline Club. This variation is by far my favorite. I love the way that a slight change in color placement turns an awkward star block into a spinning paddle wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment