Tuesday 8 February 2011

Hole in the Wall

Today's block is built around a basic pattern called Monkey Wrench. Monkey Wrench is one of the simplest blocks. If I were teaching beginning quilters I'd start with a foolproof Two-Patch or Rail Fence, then introduce diagonal lines with Monkey Wrench. The centerpiece and the inner border aren’t very challenging. But the outer sawtooth border was a bit harder. I'd never have tried it without the right templates. I was careful to cut the pieces so the grain would run the right way, but I'm sure this block will give me more grief when it's time to set it into a quilt top. Still, it was much easier than the block I meant to post today. I wanted to show you Fish on a Dish, which turned out to be more than I could manage in an hour or two. Maybe I'll try it another day. When I have LOTS of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment