Monday 27 September 2021

Aunt Sukey's Choice

 

Someone asked me yesterday if my family has any traditions involving general conference. I know a lot of families do. Some gather with all their cousins for homemade cinnamon rolls and sausage-and-egg breakfast casserole. Others do a big family picnic between the morning and afternoon sessions on Sunday. I’m told restaurants that sell ice cream or pie get swamped after the Saturday evening session lets out. When I was very young and we watched conference on TV, every time the tabernacle choir sang, we looked for our family doctor’s white hair in the baritone section. More recently, we’ve gone for a scenic drive while listening the Saturday morning session, and hit a drive-through window for lunch before heading home. This weekend, though, I’ll probably stream conference while mopping floors, doing laundry, and binding a few small quilts. I’m a much better listener when my hands have something to keep them busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment