Tuesday 7 September 2021

12 Yankee Puzzle Blocks

 

I’ve been clearing a bit more room in my closet, and you’re looking at the result. It started out as 42 7-inch squares of fabric, all from Minnick and Simpson’s way-out-of-print Polka Dots and Paisley line. They’ve been sitting in my closet for at least six years, waiting for me to decide what to do with them. I think what had me stalled is there were equal numbers of blue and beige prints, but fewer of the red. I could have easily added to the blue or beige, but this is a very unusual red. It isn’t lipstick; it isn’t cherry. It isn’t crimson or scarlet or candy apple. In the end, I added two brighter, bolder reds from my stash. They’re both paisleys, but they’re not a perfect fit. I’m thinking of adding a border or two before I quilt and bind this. If I’m still not happy with it, I can always give it to someone I never visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment