Thursday 2 September 2021

Meeting House

 

Until a few weeks ago, there was a tiny house about half a mile south of mine. Built in 1929, it had two small bedrooms and a bathroom. It stood on a one-acre lot where ponies, goats, pigs, and chickens were raised. At only 785 square feet, it was up for sale last month for $641,000. I don’t know what it actually sold for, but as soon as the deal closed the lot was cleared. The house, fences, trees and outbuildings were gone in no time. I’m curious to see what happens there next. In the interim, I’ve seen metal detector hobbyists scouring the place. Who knows what they might find after 90+ years? I read last week about a Florida postal worker who found a lost class ring in the sand at Ponce Inlet. The man who’d lost it was a high school senior ditching class at the beach, back in 1987. I really should get a metal detector.


No comments:

Post a Comment